It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Tuesday, April 2, 2013

We've Been In Africa!

Yes, that's me!  About an hour after we arrived,
I was riding Champion and those are elephants in the distance!



Yes, that's why I've not been blogging - we've been in Africa!

We were lucky enough to enjoy a FANTASTIC week from In The Saddle with African Horseback Safaris at the Macatoo Camp in the Okavango Delta, Botswana.

I kept a rough diary whilst we were there, and I'm still editing it and breaking it down into blog-sized pieces, but the next several weeks of blog posts will be to do with this trip, and a lot of it is going to be about my horsey adventures, the amazing crew and fabulous experiences at Macatoo.  Then it'll be followed by a week of adventures in Franschhoek (wine!) and Cape Town (food!) in South Africa.

I was absolutely thrilled to find myself riding wonderful horses up VERY close to elephants, giraffe, zebra, tsessebe, impala, wildebeest, hippo, crocodile and many, many more.  I know that not all readers of this blog are horse people, but who wouldn't want to read about an elephant farting near my head whilst I snoozed in our safari tent, or climbing off your horse in the middle of nowhere only to be greeted by a crew member offering you a glass of champagne?  You'll love it, trust me!

So, please bear with me for a few days, whilst I get myself organised, and then grab a coffee and sit back while I share my amazing adventures at Marvellous Macatoo ...


"Did someone say "dinner time"?"  Dune, having some fun on his way to the barn.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see EVERY SINGLE photo of this trip. It's nothing short of amazing!!! Love it all.
    XO
    Sada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You don't really want to see every single one, trust me. There are well over 4,000 that were taken. We've managed to weed them down to about 150 good ones though.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!